Maintaining your system will help to keep maximum performance and efficiency.
By checking and cleaning these items, you will keep your system working properly.
1) Power Cord- check to make sure this is unplugged while cleaning the system. This guarantees that the system will not start.
2) Filters- • Remove both filters.
• Vacuum to remove most of the dust.
• Wash with a mixture of warm water and mild soap. You may add bleach if you wish to disinfect (one tablespoon per gallon). Rinse thoroughly. Shake filters to remove excess water and let dry completely.
• This should be done every 2 to 3 months.
3) Core- • Remove the recovery core.
• Let it soak in a mixture of cold or lukewarm water and mild soap (dishwasher liquid) for 3 hours.
• Rinse thoroughly.
• Shake the core to remove excess water and let it dry completely.
• The core should be cleaned yearly.
4 & 5) Dust buildup spots- contact H&S to schedule a service cleaning of that system.
Air Filter- • The air filter should be replaced every month to keep dust and debris from
building up in your system and being deposited throughout your house through the duct system. Doing this will mantain your
systems efficiency and extend its life. This will also improve your indoor air quality.
• Please make sure that the furnace is turned off when you change the filter.
• Also please do not remove any covers on the furnace for saftey reasons.
• The filter is located on the left or right side of the furnace.